Implant Dentures — Southlake, TX
Regain a Strong, Confident, & Complete Smile
Are you frustrated with your unstable and uncomfortable removable dentures? Is missing all your teeth keeping you from enjoying day-to-day life? Dr. Ravi Doctor can help you regain a strong, confident, and complete smile with custom-made implant dentures in Southlake! This remarkable tooth loss solution replaces missing teeth above and below the gumline for results that look, feel, and function just like natural teeth! Give Dr. Doctor a call today to schedule your consultation and discover how implant dentures can change your life.
What Are Implant Dentures?
Implant dentures resemble traditional removable dentures in appearance. A gum-colored acrylic base that’s custom-made for your mouth is set with an entire arch of natural-looking replacement teeth. We use the highest quality materials to ensure that our dentures are as natural-looking and durable as possible. What sets implant dentures apart is how they stay in place. Traditional removable dentures rely on natural suction and adhesive to stay in place, which means they can occasionally slip or pop out of place at embarrassing times. On the other hand, implant dentures are securely anchored in place with dental implants. Dental implants are positioned in the jawbone to replace the roots of missing teeth, giving your new restoration unmatched stability and comfort! Depending on your unique needs and preferences, we may recommend one of two options:
Fixed/Permanent Implant Dentures
Fixed implant dentures are held in place with four to six dental implants strategically placed throughout your jawbone. As its name suggests, once we secure your denture to the implants, it will stay in place permanently. We’ll be able to remove it during your checkups to ensure its functioning properly, but you won’t need to worry about taking your fixed denture out to talk, eat, or clean during your day-to-day life.
Removable Implant Dentures
We also offer removable implant dentures, which can snap onto and off of the strategically placed dental implants in your mouth. This option is typically a better choice for patients with weaker jawbones or who have grown very accustomed to life with traditional removable dentures. You’ll remove this type of denture every now and then while still enjoying all the benefits of dental implants.
The Implant Denture Procedure
Your journey towards a new smile will begin with an initial consultation with Dr. Doctor, wherein he’ll discuss your smile goals with you and inspect your mouth to see if implant dentures are a good choice for you. Many patients require a bone graft prior to getting implant dentures, which we can help you with right here in our office. In addition to any advanced dental implant procedures you may need, Dr. Doctor has the experience and training to personally place your dental implants as well. Once you’ve healed for 4-6 months and the implants have fully integrated into your jawbone, you’ll return to our office to have your new denture secured firmly in place!
Am I a Candidate for Implant Dentures?
While every case is slightly different, you’ll generally need three things to be a good candidate for implant dentures:
- Good health: It’s important that you’re healthy enough to undergo minor surgery for implant placement.
- Great oral health: Oral health problems like gum disease can cause dental implants to fail, so we’ll ensure your mouth is healthy before moving forward with dental implants.
- Adequate jawbone density: You’ll need to have enough density in your jawbone for your dental implants to fuse successfully. If you don’t, we can help give your jaw the strength it needs with preliminary procedures like bone grafting and sinus lifts.
Benefits of Combining Dentures & Dental Implants
- Smile with complete confidence: Implant dentures will never slip or slide out of place at embarrassing times.
- Enjoy a comfortable smile: Thanks to their unique placement, implant dentures won’t cause gum irritation or jaw stiffness.
- Expect reliable functionality: You’ll be able to eat a wide variety of foods with 80% or more of your natural biting force.
- Achieve a healthier smile: Dental implants stimulate the jawbone, which prevents its deterioration and keeps you looking young and healthy!
- Save money in the long run: While traditional dentures need to be realigned, repaired, and replaced over time, the one-time cost of implant dentures has the potential to last you a lifetime!