Traditional Braces – Southlake, TX
The Tried and True Path to Straighter Teeth
The last few decades have seen the rise of numerous advanced orthodontic treatments, including many subtle options that patients flock to for their aesthetic appeal. But some classics never go out of style! Traditional metal braces are a tried and true method for straightening teeth that has helped generations of people to achieve healthier, more attractive smiles. Dr. Doctor would be pleased to help you determine whether traditional braces are a fit for your circumstances.
Why Choose Ravi Doctor, DDS for Traditional Braces?
- Member of the American Academy of Orthodontics
- Correct a Range of Orthodontic Issues
- Luxurious, Relaxing Dental Office Setting
How Do Traditional Braces Work?
Traditional braces are composed of two main components: brackets and arch wires. The brackets are small pieces that Dr. Doctor bonds directly onto the surface of teeth. Their job is to hold an arch wire in place. Together, the arch wires and brackets apply sustained, gentle pressure to the teeth in order to move them into their ideal positions. In some cases, patients require additional gear, such as elastics (rubber bands) or a palatal expander, to ensure their treatment’s success.
What Smile Problems Can Be Treated With Traditional Braces?
Traditional metal braces are a versatile treatment. They are to able to address numerous types of dental misalignment, from mild aesthetic problems to severe issues that adversely affect the mouth’s function.
Crowded teeth can easily trap food between them and increase the risk of cavities. Traditional braces, perhaps along with extractions, can ensure that each one of your pearly whites has an adequate amount of space.
Spaces Between Teeth
Extra space between the teeth may make you self-conscious about your smile. Those gaps may also increase your risk of gum problems. Braces can gradually close spaces and improve both your mouth’s appearance and function.
Incorrect Bite Alignment
Overbite, underbite, and crossbite are terms used to describe problems with the way teeth fit together. These issues can affect your facial aesthetics and put you at risk for TMJ dysfunction. In many cases, braces are the best way to correct improper bite alignment.
Benefits of Traditional Braces
Some of the most outstanding benefits of traditional braces include:
- Braces are capable of correcting a broader range of orthodontic issues than other types of teeth-straightening treatments.
- Self-expression. Younger patients love to choose fun colors for their brackets. Adults often prefer subtle colors, but if you are inclined to choose a more vibrant hue, you are welcome to do so!
- No need to remember to wear them. Removable orthodontic treatments, such as Invisalign and ClearCorrect, are wonderful. However, they require that you remember to wear them for at least 20 hours each day. Since braces are bonded to the teeth, you will not ever have to worry that you will forget to put them in your mouth.
- Cost-effectiveness. Traditional braces typically have a lower cost than other forms of orthodontic treatment.
- You can expect some soreness each time your braces get tightened. However, the treatment is much more comfortable than many patients anticipate.
Understanding the Cost of Traditional Braces
As noted above, traditional braces are one of the most affordable orthodontic options. Their exact price depends on the extent of the dental misalignment that needs to be corrected, as well as on which orthodontic accessories are necessary. Some dental insurance policies offer up to 50 percent coverage on braces. Our practice is also happy to accept Lending Club, CareCredit, and Med Loan Finance financing.